Sunday, April 10, 2011

Flamers and Fanboys

Plenty of flame wars have started about whether Ati or Nvidia is better, Intel or Amd, Apple or Microsoft. Maybe its because we feel the need to argue about something. Maybe we shout out about the superiority of what we happen own, because nobody wants to feel like they made a dumb decision, especially when it comes to expensive things like hardware. Whatever the reasons, arguing over preferred brand can be fun. So, I'll just list my preferences and then you all can do the same in the comments.

I tend to favour AMD over Intel, partially because I like to support the underdog, but also because you get better performance per buck with AMD. Its the same story with ATI and NVIDIA. NVIDIA has the greater marketshare, so to compete ATI lowers prices. Given that I'm pretty cheap, its no surprise that I prefer PC's over Macs. I'd use linux, but the cheap ass wireless adapter I bought only has drivers for windows. Give your preferences in the comments, try to keep it clean everybody.

7 comments:

  1. I prefer ATI and AMD, but thats just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Intel over AMD on cpu and have no real preference when it comes to graphics.I just take what the best I can get for my money and don't stick to the one brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always an Nvidia kind of guy, but that was long ago... haven't gotten up to speed since

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intel simply for the fact I can cool and clock them better. My first few CPUs were AMD but when the core 2 dropped I swapped to intel. I'm looking forward to the new chips from AMd though, they are going to be something special, jsut worried about the price.

    I run Nvidia with my Intel but when no ones looking, I open my browser in private and I look at the ATI 6990.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete