Monday, April 25, 2011

Computer Virus

There's been a recent lull in posts, mostly because my computer was infected with a virus. One of those ones that pops up, looking all like some windows security thing, concerned about your computer. "Oh noes!" It says, "I've found some bad, bad viruses and trojans! Pay some money and I'll fix it!" when in reality it is the virus. It screwed over my antivirus, and warned me about every page on the internet being insecure. It also managed to kill of windows defender (not that it did much anyway) and replace the security center with itself. I've gotten rid of it, but there's still some cleaning up to do and file migrations to deal with. I might not be able to post in awhile, so have fun talking in the comments about viruses or malware, or whatever strikes your fancy.

10 comments:

  1. Those suck, my Mom always clicks them... Women... Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. sucks to be you...
    easy solution, install two noncompatable versions of windows, like windows 7 and win2k. They still use the same file system though, so you can rescue all your files with the older system if the newer one goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viruses are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats why i never click pop ups or go to sites I dont trust.

    My dad's pc is a cave of viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man thats rough, getting a virus is a nightmare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Viruses are such a pain to deal with

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a run in with a virus/spyware myself that affect Google searches. Click any search result, redirects. Had to hit back 3 times to break its cycle or view through cached... honestly still haven't fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sucks man. That reminds me, I need to scan my computer it's been a while lol

    ReplyDelete